- What is the most widely used lamp source of UV-C for GUV?
The most practical method of generating germicidal radiant energy is by passage... continue reading
- Are there higher output UV-C lamps?
Medium pressure mercury (Hg) lamps are also used, particularly in water purification.... continue reading
- How much UV "light" is required, and for how long, to disinfect a surface?
There are very sophisticated programs to calculate the lamp sizes and in-air dose requirements... continue reading
- Can UV-C kill viruses as well as bacteria?
Yes, UV-C kills living bacteria, but viruses are technically not living organisms,... continue reading
- How can I measure the light to make sure I am getting the appropriate amount for effective disinfection?
There are a number of dedicated meters available; however, a wide range of scale is normally required... continue reading
- Can UV-C effectively inactivate Covid-19?
Yes, if the virus is directly illuminated by UV-C at the effective dose level,... continue reading
- How useful are UV-C rays in disinfecting surfaces?
While UVGI is an excellent surface disinfectant, it does not penetrate surfaces... continue reading
- How long do particles and bacteria remain airborne?
It depends on how the microbes were made airborne... continue reading
- How do scientists determine efficacy for killing viruses?
The most fundamental concept in photobiology is the action spectrum... continue reading
- Can UV-B lamps be used for GUV?
UV-B (280 to 315 nm), particularly the shorter wavelengths near 300 nm and below,... continue reading
- Can UV-A lamps, be used for GUV?
No. UV-A and longer (visible) wavelengths do not have germicidally effective emission... continue reading
- Does the UV in sunlight have a GUV effect?
Yes, particularly in the late spring and early summer when the sun... continue reading
- How is Covid-19 Spread?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) this virus is spread by contact with large... continue reading
- How can airborne spread viruses be reduced?
Diagnosis of infectious cases and their isolation is a critical intervention,... continue reading
- Are GUV wands effective for disinfecting surfaces?
Waving it over an object such as a postcard for one second will not provide reliable... continue reading
- What are the safety rules for GUV surface disinfection lamps?
To ensure the safe use of UVGI lamps for surface disinfection, follow these guidelines:... continue reading
- Do eye and skin hazards differ depending on lamp type used?
Low-and medium-pressure mercury UVGI lamps emit UV energy that poses... continue reading
- Does UV-C increase my risk for skin cancer?
UV-C penetrates only the superficial layers of the skin and eye,... continue reading
- What type of lamp sources are used for GUV?
Lamp technologies include continuously emitting low- and medium-pressure... continue reading
- What is germicidal UV, and what is UVGI?
Germicidal UV (GUV) refers to using ultraviolet radiant energy to inactivate bacteria,... continue reading
- Is all ultraviolet considered germicidal ultraviolet (GUV)?
No. Germicidal ultraviolet (GUV) – refers to short-wavelength ultraviolet “light” (radiant energy) that ... continue reading